The first step in conquering fear is not to be frightened by fear itself. Start by seeing fear as a friend, not as your enemy.
Actually, it’s o.k. to be scared at times, it’s a way to keep you safe from dangerous situations. Fear is often connected with something familiar ending, like a relationship, or the unknown.
We resist change, yet we are living in a rapidly deteriorating world. If you don’t change, life will leave you behind. Once you can accept change, most of the fear will be disappear.
Here are some tips to overcome fear:
- Expect the best, but learn not to react when you don’t get what you want. Just accept it and act calmly and powerfully.
- If you don’t know what to do immediately, do nothing, wait till the answer comes to you.
- Visualize being on earth to fulfill your duties (karma). See each person also doing the same. We are all in the same boat. Accept everything that crosses your path, knowing that this too is “meant to be”.
- Feel the freedom of being involved in life and being a bystander at the same time.
- Take 15 minutes each day and visualize the condition you want. See yourself with the object of your desire and become part of it. Then do something that moves you towards your dream.